Thursday 2 February 2012

One fall, one motor circuit and much more to come

Hello all Challenge 1000 followers and supporters. This is my first time writing a blog, and I did do a recent post but then I managed to muck it up and it has now gone missing.

Well - if at first you dont succeed try try again!

I decided this year that I would run 1000km, and that I would do it to raise money for 2 charities. Child Bereavement Charity and Cancer Research UK.

Over the past few years I have grown to love running, with all the pain that comes with it. So throughout my challenge I will be testing myself by running long distances, on tough terrain and seeking interesting places to run.

My first run happened on 2nd January. I ran 8.8km and I fell over in the mud and nearly into the River Thames. Not a great start but it just proves once you fall down you have to get back up and keep going. This photo was taken shortly after this run. I think I look suprisingly happy....



Speaking of running in interesting places. A few weeks ago I ran four laps of Thruxton Motor Circuit in Hampshire (thank you to them for allowing me to do this). I started from the start finish line and enjoyed taking the 'racing line' on a few occasions. To my recollection no one has ever run Thruxton. So I am rather proud to say that I have. My next interesting stop is Goodwood circuit in March (yes you may have guessed it, I have an interest in motor sport).

Today as I think about going out this evening and running in the cold cold weather we are having, I have started to think about what will keep me going throughout my challenge. I came across this film below and really, for me, it says it all and I will keep it at the forefront of my mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment